A relatively long time ago, in a land not particularly far away, Frump would hit the field to “interview” your average, random UNC and Duke fans immediately after the big game.
As chronicled in the latter half of this post, it provided valuable insight into the minds, motivations and demons at the heart of a classic rivalry in one of its most honest and vulnerable moments.
Unfortunately, we no longer have the time or resources for “field work,” but at least we have the blogosphere — where perhaps some of those same aforementioned minds go to express sufficiently similar, honest, heartfelt sentiment about their beloved losers…
- Seriously, all jokes aside, this is a good read. It’s entertaining, presents a valid argument, and includes at least one word that the average person will never use in everyday conversation (ever). As far as “Carolina lost because of the refs…” pieces go, that’s more than enough to earn Frump’s seal of approval.Oh, it also touches on topics such as racism, reverse-racism, napalm flamethrowers, and the use of cute little red arrows to highlight things that happen on nearly every other trip down a college basketball court. Like I said, it’s good… [XTCIAN]
- While the Tar Heels are figuring out a way to keep from getting beat by the refs, N.C. State would probably be satisfied with a win over Peace College. Perhaps a new coach would help get things back on track. Tubby Smith, anyone? [Backing the Pack]
- We’re suckers for a good “ball to the face” video here at Frumpzilla. As such, linking you to this one was pretty much obligatory [The Score]
- You know, maybe I should reconsider the whole “hockey thing.” I mean, it’s basically two sports in one + added comedy, and that’s by all means a positive. More goalie fights, please [Larry Brown Sports]
- Green Bay, Wisconsin: Good at packing, cheese, football, math, and — most importantly — sticking it to Brett Favre [No Guts, No Glory]
- Hey, that Super Bowl thing happened earlier this week. Remember? Well, here’s why the NFL “dropped the ball.” [Awful Announcing]
- Hey, those Super Bowl commercial things happened earlier this week. Rememebr? How about the one where the NFL edited all those “classic” TV clips? Here’s the originals and edited versions side by side [Last Angry Fan]
- Our friend Dave from Carter-Finely takes a look at N.C. State’s 2011 recruiting class and the value of recruiting rankings [DFCF]
- If you’re looking for more lovely pictures of the lovely ladies pictured above, head over to… [Sharapova’s Thigh]