N.C. State basketball officially wrapped up its coaching search today. At a 5 o’clock presser, former Murray State and Alabama coach Mark Gottfried was announced as the new leader — and hopeful redeemer — of a Wolfpack basketball program that has fallen on hard times of late.
Despite how impressive Gottfried’s comments, moxie, and general overall ambition were, the presser’s most memorable soundbite probably came from N.C. State Athletic Director Debbie Yow. Yow’s tumultuous relationship with Maryland Terrapins basketball coach Gary Williams is no secret — the two had some fairly public clashes while Yow was Maryland’s AD, and today proved there is no cease fire in place…
Little late on the Frump Day links today. All apologies, but “real” work has kind of been occupying my time as of lately.
- The Victory Formation has scientifically determined that next year’s BCS Champion will be the Tennessee Volunteers. Probably a relatively safe bet. [The Victory Formation]
- 5 technical fouls in a span of 10 seconds? Never! [No Guts, No Glory]
- Blake Griffin comes to the defense of Lebron James, subtly hints at his inevitable, future departure to the Los Angles Lakers [Sportress of Blogitude]
- N.C. State suffered a tough loss last night at the hands of Boston College. What does this mean for Sidney Lowe? [StateFans Nation]
- Bengals fans: Now auctioning off their allegiance on eBay [Last Angry Fan]
- Reggie Bush finally admits, sort of, that the Texans were right to take Mario Williams [Ball Junkie]
- West Ham striker Carlton Cole reminds me of one of my favorite Onion Sports Network articles of all time [The Score]
- Brett isn’t the only source of embarrassment for the Favre family, apparently. [Foul Balls]
- Brett Michaels is headlining a Steelers playoff party? Really? [Terez Owens]
***Update: For those that may be wondering, the Lee Folwer interview has been delayed. Mr. Folwer is stalling on us, allegedly waiting on the check to clear. We think he’s just a bit nervous about answering the tough questions. Either way, the interview will definitely be up this week. So stay tuned!***
And we’re hoping some of our readers would like to contribute. We can’t really go into what kind of strings had to be pulled to get this gig, but just know that, come Monday morning, the entire Frumpzilla staff is rolling out a full frontal assault; dusting every crevice, finely combing every former mustache hair, of the genius that is Lee Folwer.
Now, we’ve obviously got several questions lined up for Mr. Folwer, but we could always use some more. So, if you’ve got something you’d like to ask Lee, send us an email or hit us up on Twitter and/or Facebook. We’ll do our best to make sure your voice is heard!