The National played at Coachella. Most folks enjoyed it I’m sure. These guys REALLY enjoyed it. The best part about this is not the bromance these guys are committed to, it’s who was behind the camera. Genius.
Tag Archives: Coachella
May 4, 2010
Last night, a 17 year old fan was tasered by the police after running onto the field at a Philadelphia Phillies game. This is not a new thing. Not the running onto the field and unfortunately not the tasering. I personally feel this tasering technique is getting a bit out of control. I absolutely see it’s worth in certain situations where the police or other people are in danger. But, on a 17 year old in an open field being chased by at least 5 people?!? C’mon.
If those 5 grown people couldn’t catch this kid, he should’ve been allowed to run around on the field all game long. It would add an interesting aspect to the game of baseball. Amateur video of this tasering is below the frump along with some other quite famous(unnecessary) uses of the taser gun, one of which is very NSFW fyi.
April 21, 2010
It’s happened to all of us. You drink a beer(or 30), sit out in the sun all day, and maybe even take something for that sore back of yours. Next thing you know, even the most dependable footwear turns it’s back on you. It happens all the time. It recently happened to the fellow above at Coachella 2010. Enjoy the video as well as our play-by-play below!
- 0:05 – Man makes first contact
- 0:06 – Man loses it to a stumble back
- 0:12 – Man attempts to use opposable thumbs to his advantage, sits down instead
- 0:14 – Inconsiderate girls walk in front of camera
- 0:16-0:23 – Flip-Flop manages to avoid the usually strong “pinch” technique
- 0:24 – Outside source sabotages flip-flop
- 0:25-0:33 – Man, w/ flip-flop in grasp attempts to secure it on foot
- 0:34-0:41 – Man basks in glory w/ flip-flop on foot, adjusts glasses
- 0:45 – In a drastic turn of events, Man stands upright, loses both flip-flops, it’s on now
- 0:46-1:04 – Man takes break to mumble incoherently to group of girls, flip-flops laugh
- 1:05-1:16 – In what seems like 2 minutes, Man stumbles and eventually grasps flops in hands(not feet)
- 1:17-1:31 – Man starts from scratch, lands left flop on foot in one try! 3 double takes on the right later, he lands it on the 4th try
- 1:33 – The crowd rejoices, Man feels accomplished, flip-flops take away a moral victory
Not pictured was the inevitable flip-flop revenge after the camera was turned off.
(thanks to tww for inspiration)